Mold is a kind of fungus that is found almost everywhere. One of molds role is to break down natural things such as old food. Although it is everywhere, it is harmless in small amounts. However, if molds ends up in a damp area within your home, it can grow. It grows especially quickly in moist, dark spaces such as basements. Molds then can become a problem since they have the potential to produce allergens, irritants and even disease.
Some common symptoms that may afflict homeowners after exposure to molds include wheezing, a stuffy nose, watery or itchy eyes, a rash, and hives. It is vital for the homeowner that their house is mold-free so they can enjoy living in it. A person who is sensitive to molds can experience hours of discomfort because of it. If molds continue growing and become a significant problem, or a homeowner is particularly sensitive to molds, then they may have to begin taking medication to keep their mold allergy under control. A mold allergy can be potentially life-threatening, so it is important that a homeowner pay for a mold removal service for their home if needed.
Illnesses Caused by Molds
Even those who aren’t allergic to molds must be wary of any possible growths within their home. Some molds produce dangerous chemical compounds such as mycotoxins which can affect your health. Those who have a suppressed immune system are especially susceptible to illnesses caused by molds or the mycotoxins released by them. Exposure to molds within the home is linked to health issues such as upper respiratory tract infections within healthy people. It also exacerbates asthma symptoms in people who have asthma.
Once molds begin growing in the home, it is crucial that a mold removal plan is implemented to prevent extensive damage within the home and health issues for the homeowner. Be sure to take routine measures within your home to prevent the growth of molds within it.