While there are some household problems you can fix using DIY methods, a mold infestation is not one of them. If you are dealing with a mold problem, then you’ll need the help of mold remediation experts like ourselves here at Warren Restoration. Our team has extensive experience dealing with mold, and we want to help you choose the best professionals to eliminate the mold that’s plaguing your home. In this article, we’ll go over some key qualities you should look for when comparing mold remediation companies in order to find the right team.
- Make Sure They Treat Mold Like a Hazard- One of the first things you should ask when interviewing mold remediation companies is whether their team considers mold a health hazard. Believe it or not, there are some people who market themselves as mold professionals while not taking it seriously as a health concern, and this lack of concern will show in their work. Our team here at Warren Restoration takes mold and the health risk it poses very seriously, and we will take every precaution to keep ourselves safe and to make your home completely safe for everyone in it.
- Make Sure They are Properly Licensed and Insured- Another essential question to ask when searching for mold remediation companies is whether they have the right licensing and insurance for the job. Just like doctors need medical licenses to prove that they are qualified to treat you, contractors need trade licenses to prove that they are qualified to restore your home. In addition, mold remediation companies need insurance to protect you, the client, in the event of any accidents during the course of the project.
- Make Sure They Will Treat You with Respect- A third thing to look for when comparing mold remediation companies is whether the team treats you with respect. Do the technicians answer your questions to your satisfaction? Do they answer your calls promptly? Are they upfront about the extent of the damage and how much remediation will cost? Our team at Warren Restoration is committed to offering all of our customers the superior results and friendly, courteous service they deserve, and you can count on us to always treat you and your home with the utmost respect.
Here at Warren Restoration, we know that you care about your business, and we understand that suffering damage to your facility can be devastating. If your place of business has been damaged in a fire, flood, storm, or other accident, then you’ll need the help of a professional commercial restoration company like ours. In this article, we’ll go over more about what commercial restoration is and what you need to know about the process.
- Every Disaster is Different- Commercial restoration is a broad term that covers a number of different services. As we mentioned above, there are many things that can result in your business becoming damaged, such as storms, fires, floods, etc., and each type of damage has its own restoration needs. Fortunately, our team at Warren Restoration has extensive experience with all types of cleanup, so you can count on us to return your business to the best possible condition.
- Response Time is Key- When it comes to commercial restoration, the longer it takes to start the process, the worse your results will be. Because of this, our team is available to take your call 24/7, and we make sure to get our experts on the scene as soon as possible to assess the damage and get to work on the necessary repairs.
- Results are Not Immediate- With that said, commercial restoration does take time, and you will likely need to take steps to protect your business in the interim. For example, our team at Warren Restoration may need to board up the windows to protect your facility from the elements while we complete the necessary repairs. Our team is committed to delivering the top-notch results you deserve, and we will salvage, clean, and restore everything we possibly can.
Here at Warren Restoration, we know that there are many occasions when you might need the help of a professional cleanup crew, such as after a storm, flood, or fire. While these types of natural disasters can and do cause extensive damage to a home, damage can also come from inside the home in the form of hoarding. If someone you love has struggled with hoarding, then you know that cleaning and organizing their space is no easy task. Fortunately, you can turn to our team for professional hoarding cleanup services, and you can read on to learn more about how the process works.
- Preparation- Before the actual cleanup can start, we at Warren Restoration make sure to prepare ourselves and our clients. Hoarding environments can often contain biohazards such as Staph, E. coli, hantavirus, and more, so we make sure to equip ourselves with masks, gloves, and plenty of cleaning solutions. These environments are also often infested with roaches, mice, or other pests, so we bring the appropriate tools to deal with those hazards, as well.
- Sorting- The next part of hoarding cleanup is similar to less extreme forms of house cleaning, as it involves the same basic principle of sorting the items into categories: things to keep, things to donate, and things to trash. Of course, this part of the process is much more emotionally fraught for hoarders, as hoarding behavior is a symptom of underlying mental conditions such as OCD or depression. We encourage those suffering from this behavior to seek out professional counselling in order to better cope with letting go of their items.
- Cleanup- Once the items have been sorted, our team at Warren Restoration will clean the home itself. We’ll get rid of any underlying dirt, grime, mold, animal droppings, or other biohazards. We have the right equipment and training to deal with these substances safely and effectively, and we’ll make sure that the house is clean and safe to live in once again.
They say that when it rains, it pours! This is never truer than during an actual storm when you might have damage occur to your home due to the storm. Here at Warren Restoration, we want to help you weather the storm and keep you safe even when the rains come down and the wind blows incessantly. We have compiled some storm damage safety tips we hope will keep you safe until we can come to assist you with the cleanup.
Before you leave the property, be sure it is safe to do so. During severe storms, you will need to wait for safety notifications on the radio or other advisory stations. If possible, check on elderly or neighbors that might be in need of help. Always look out for downed power lines, displaced animals or wildlife, and flood waters that have risen.
After it is deemed safe to leave, take a look around your property, documenting as you go. Check for broken or fallen branches, loose and blown roofing shingles, holes or other damages. Putting a tarp on these areas can keep you safe from rainwater, but it should be avoided if possible– especially if the roof has a steep pitch or is still wet.
Here at Warren Restoration, we want to help you with your storm damage and through the restoration process. If you have suffered either a little bit of wind damage to the roof or severe damage that includes flood waters, we are here to help make it right. Give us a call immediately and stay safe!
Fires are scary and very traumatic. Even if they are put out quickly and the damage is somewhat minor, fire damage can be hard to clean up and take care of. Here at Warren Restoration, we handle all sorts of damage cleanup situations, including fire damage, often and would love to make your fire damage situations easier. Here are a few things that are going to help the cleanup process, as well as a few things that you should avoid when possible.
What to do:
- Instead of tracking soot everywhere, line carpets and rugs with towels, rags or plastic.
- Your HVAC system can spread soot, so change your furnace and AC filters. You can also cover your vents with towels or even cheesecloth.
- Keep your movement within the home limited, and touch things as little as possible.
- Don’t forget about the fridge! If you don’t have any power, turn it off, clean it out and keep the doors open.
What NOT to do:
- Attempt cleanup on your own. This is a meticulous job that requires special attention and skills.
- Use anything electrical. Wiring can be damaged from fires at different points, and you never know where damage might be lurking!
- Keep canned goods. Throw them out, especially if they were near the fire.
- Launder your own clothes. Consider a specialty dry cleaner. Some cleaners can actually cause the soot and smoke smell to be set rather than cleansed.
If you are the recent victim of fire damage, please contact us here at Warren Restoration today for the best in cleanup results.