Dealing with the aftermath of a major fire can be challenging on many levels. Most people aren’t prepared for the extreme fire damage and have no idea where to begin the restoration process. A professional can help you navigate the fire restoration challenges you are sure to face.
A fire in your home or business is a serious disaster! Not only can it destroy your stuff but it also hurts any living thing in its way. The U.S. Fire Administration says the leading causes of fire are:
1: Cooking related
2: Electrical short circuits
4: Portable heaters
5: Unattended candles
Here are some prevention tips from us to help you stay safe! For cooking related fires remember to remain in the kitchen while cooking. Additionally, keep anything flammable like paper towels or oven mitts away from the hot stove or grill. Another tip is, if you see a fire in the oven then leave the door closed and turn the oven off. Do not pour water on a grease fire, but instead turn off heat and cover with metal lid. Furthermore, keep the grill away from buildings or fences, and always after cooking, double check to make sure everything has been turned off.
Tips on electrical fires are to make sure your outlets aren’t overloaded with plugs. Also, check to see that there isn’t any bare wires showing. As for cigarette fires, avoid smoking in bed. Likewise, don’t empty ashtrays shortly after smoking. For portable heaters we suggest placing the heater at least one meter away from anything that can burn. Lastly, candles need to be in a sturdy holder on a level surface and never left unattended.