Don’t Get Burned with Fire

Don’t Get Burned with Fire

A fire in your home or business is a serious disaster! Not only can it destroy your stuff but it also hurts any living thing in its way. The U.S. Fire Administration says the leading causes of fire are:

1: Cooking related
2: Electrical short circuits
3: Cigarettes.
4: Portable heaters
5: Unattended candles

Here are some prevention tips from us to help you stay safe! For cooking related fires remember to remain in the kitchen while cooking. Additionally, keep anything flammable like paper towels or oven mitts away from the hot stove or grill. Another tip is, if you see a fire in the oven then leave the door closed and turn the oven off. Do not pour water on a grease fire, but instead turn off heat and cover with metal lid. Furthermore, keep the grill away from buildings or fences, and always after cooking, double check to make sure everything has been turned off.
Tips on electrical fires are to make sure your outlets aren’t overloaded with plugs. Also, check to see that there isn’t any bare wires showing. As for cigarette fires, avoid smoking in bed. Likewise, don’t empty ashtrays shortly after smoking. For portable heaters we suggest placing the heater at least one meter away from anything that can burn. Lastly, candles need to be in a sturdy holder on a level surface and never left unattended.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

See What Our Home Restoration Customers Think

  • "Seamless cleanup and preparation for restoration. Experienced insurance ambassadors."

    -Josh D.

    Arden, NC
    Google 5-Star Review

  • "Great group of people, honest, upfront about any additional issues they may find, and hard workers!! Great service and great work!"

    Lisa T.

    Arden, NC
    Google 5-Star Review

  • "Chris Smith, my plumber called Warren Restoration and literally within 45 minutes they were at my property. They took control of everything from removing the furniture, wet carpet, drywall, and baseboard. The company made my flood very easy to deal with, making sure they were on the property when the insurance adjuster came to view the damage. They took all the necessary photos and walked me through the process...

    Wendy P.

    South Asheville, NC
    Google 5-Star Review

  • ... I would highly recommend this company. From the Owner, Josh Warren to his employees, they were professional, respectful and extremely helpful. I am happy to say my property is dry and everything has been built back better than before the water problem. Thank you Warren Restoration!"

    Wendy P.

    South Asheville, NC
    Google 5-Star Review

Contact Us

1-828-595-4776

help@warrenrestoration.com

Connect With Us

Proud Member