Are you in the need of mold removal? It’s important to address any and all mold as it can cause safety hazards for you and your loved ones. To help prepare, here are some tips to promote a successful mold removal day.
- Don’t Clean It – Mold typically looks like black dirt, and it may be tempting to scrub it off. Mold technicians often take samples and note the appearance to identify the type of mold, so scrubbing off the mold could interfere with the technician’s work.
- Air Quality Sample – Getting an air quality sample will tell you if any of the mold spores are airborne. Airborne mold can be hazardous to some people. An air quality sample will either give you peace of mind or indicate that you need extensive mold removal.
- Don’t Remove Anything from the Molded Area – You may assume that you will need to move all furniture and belongings away from the affected area to make way for the technicians. However, it’s better to leave everything untouched until the professionals arrive. This prevents mold spores from spreading.
- Take Pictures – It’s never a bad idea to take before and after pictures of the space in the case of damage occurring during the mold removal process.
- Find Temporary Living Arrangements – Mold removal may require you and your loved ones to relocate temporarily. Removal often requires chemicals that aren’t safe without personal protective equipment.
We hope these tips will help you prepare for your mold removal. If you have any questions regarding mold removal, and the services we provide, contact us today at Warren Restoration.
Tags: mold removal