When you have water in your basement—from flooding, plumbing leaks, broken appliances, etc.—you need immediate professional help. A delay in getting immediate help could mean costly or possibly permanent damage to electrical boxes, furnaces, personal belongings, and even the foundation of your home. And water that is not thoroughly removed may create the risk of a mold contamination, which can jeopardize not only your personal property, but your family’s health.
Call the specialists at WARREN RESTORATION. We understand how dismaying and unsafe it is to have a flooded basement, and provide personalized service when you need it most. Our technicians are available 24/7, every day of the year. We are certified, licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can rely on us to do the job right. We have the knowledge and experience to properly and thoroughly handle all your water-removal and restoration needs.
WARREN RESTORATION is available to take your call around the clock. We are your neighbors, and work within a 2-hour radius of our two family-owned and -operated offices:
- Big Stone Gap, VA—servicing southwest Virginia: 276-220-5171
- Hendersonville, NC—our new office servicing western North Carolina: 828-595-4776
When you contact WARREN RESTORATION for an emergency water problem in your basement, you get:
- Fully trained, knowledgeable, and certified technicians. Our technicians are fully trained, highly qualified, and certified through IICRC and MICRO, the well-recognized organizations that set the industry standards for disaster recovery and mold remediation.
- State-of-the-art equipment. We use specialized, professional-grade water-removal and drying equipment to ensure the most efficient service and thorough results possible.
- Complete water-extraction and drying. We treat both the structure and the contents of your basement, removing all residual moisture and taking additional steps to be certain your home and belongings are completely dry and free from mold and mildew.
- Safe, effective products. We use only the best products to leave your basement thoroughly cleaned, decontaminated, and sanitized, so you can rest assured that you and your family will be safe when going back downstairs.
- Complete documentation of damage. We provide full, anytime access—for you and your insurance company—to your water-damage information through our online DASH system, which stores our notes and photos to support your insurance claim.
- Coordination of insurance claim. We use Xactimate® software for fair cost and estimate calculating, even work directly with your provider on your behalf so you don’t have to worry about the details.
Flooding of your basement can occur in several ways. Water can enter from outside due to heavy rains, or trouble may start on the inside from an overflowing washing machine, broken water pipe, sewer backup, or other water emergency. And because different types of water create different levels of contamination, including health hazards, leave the cleanup to the professionals at WARREN RESTORATION. We have the training and expertise to do the job right with our methodical water-removal process:
- Assess the damage. On arrival at your home, we take complete safety precautions, from wearing hazard gear to shutting down the electric power if necessary. We then determine the source of the flooding and take appropriate steps to stop the flow of moving water into your basement. And then we perform a full assessment of the damage.
- Identify the water type. Depending on the source of the flooding, we will categorize the floodwater according to standards set by the IICRC and MICRO. Some water, such as from a toilet or sewer line, contains more contaminants than leakage from a burst water-line pipe. Once we determine the floodwater type, we develop an appropriate course of action.
- Classify the type of flood. Flooding classification is based on the amount and extent of water damage—how much water has spread and been absorbed. For this step, we examine the walls and insulation, carpets, carpet pads, flooring, furniture, and more. We also look at surfaces, such as concrete, brick, or hardwood that require a specialized drying procedure.
- Extract the water. Using portable and truck-mounted equipment, we extract the basement water directly into our trucks. We make certain it never touches another surface, and we dispose of it properly. And we also work quickly—the longer the water remains in your basement, the greater the damage incurred.
- Dry the area. After the standing water has been extracted, we use high-powered air movers and fans, drying panels, and dehumidifiers to eliminate all moisture from the affected area. In favorable weather conditions, we let nature help by opening windows to take advantage of the sun and dry breezes, which speed the drying process. We place sensors that gauge humidity levels and temperatures, and check the readings on a return visit.
- Clean the area. After all water is removed and the area is completely dry, we thoroughly clean and sanitize the basement. Areas susceptible to mold and mildew receive specialized cleaning and treatment. We even do HVAC cleaning and use HEPA-filter vacuums to reduce the number of airborne contaminants that pose a threat from mold.
- Renovate your property. We take care with your belongings, and always strive to restore as many of them as possible to their original state. We will rebuild and renovate any areas of the structure of your home that received heavy damage from the basement floodwater. Our goal is to return your home to its pre-water-damage condition and make it safe for your family and possessions—and even your pets.
Residential customers in southwest Virginia and western North Carolina can trust WARREN RESTORATION to handle their basement water problem from start to finish. We step into every job as if the property were our own, and do what it takes to keep you informed along the way, from water extraction, to drying the basement, to cleaning and sanitizing, and to restoring your home and making it safe once again for you and your family.