Sewer and drain leaks or backups present some of the nastiest problems home and business owners face.
Not only are sewer and drain problems messy and unpleasant, they are unsanitary and potentially dangerous. Bacteria and other biohazards pose serious health threats to your family and pets in the home, or to employees and customers at work. Another concern is the potential for mold and mildew to grow and spread in moist, damp areas, causing or exacerbating health concerns such as allergies and asthma.
If you have a sewage or drain problem, you need a professional remediation company to deal with it before it escalates. Warren Restoration’s proven process takes care of this for you. Both residential and commercial customers can rely on our family-owned and -operated business to provide thorough sewer and drain remediation services in an approximate 2-hour radius from our offices in Big Stone Gap, VA, and Hendersonville, NC.
Call Warren Restoration 24/7, year round, to diagnose and professionally repair and remediate your sewer line problem. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. And we require all of our technicians to be certified by IICRC—the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification, which sets the standards for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration industries—and by MICRO—the nationally recognized Mold Inspection Consulting & Remediation Organization.
What Causes Sewer and Drain Problems?
Sewer and drain leaks or backups can be caused by a number of problems, including:
- Improper flushing of solid items, such as disposable diapers, which can block toilets and pipes
- Accumulation of substances, such as grease, hair, and kitty litter, in drains and pipes
- Flooding of public sewer lines as a result of heavy rains and flash floods
- Blockage of a city or township’s main sanitation sewer line
- Growth of tree roots inside sewer lines
- Structural defects, such as cracks or collapses, in the sewer line or drain
What Are the Symptoms of Sewer and Drain Problems
Sewer and drain problems present a variety of symptoms. If you experience any of these, don’t wait—call Warren Restoration right away if you:
- Smell raw sewage from drains that lead to the sewer line
- Notice slow drainage in sinks and tubs
- Hear gurgling sounds in drains
- See sewer water leakage in toilets and sinks
- Have overflowing sinks and toilets
- Spot signs of water damage on your home or commercial property’s foundation
- Notice an accumulation of water in your yard or other area where an underground septic system is located
What Steps Do We Take to Repair the Damage and Clean Up the Mess?
Once Warren Restoration’s professional team is onsite, we inspect the sewer line to determine the location and cause of the backup or breakage. Using a drain snake with a waterproof video camera attached to it, our technicians watch the video feed and identify the problem.
Then we determine the appropriate course of action...
…TAKING ALL OR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Replace the damaged section of sewer line. This involves digging at the location where the damage occurred, extracting the damaged section of sewer line, and replacing it. Alternatively, we might reline the damaged section.
- Replace the entire sewer line. We can do one of two things: we can remove and replace the old sewer pipe with a new one; or we can perform a trenchless sewer pipe replacement, which involves pulling a new pipe through the existing one.
- Clear the sewer line blockage. When blockage is the cause of the sewer line problem, we use specialty cabling equipment to bore through and clean the line or flush out the blockage using a high-powered hydrojet cleaning system.
After fixing the problem...
…WE PERFORM OUR THOROUGH CLEANUP PROCESS:
- Extract the contents. Where sewage and contaminated water appears, we extract the mess using professional-grade equipment.
- Remove and dispose of ruined items. If any porous materials or items in your home or business property—carpets and carpet pads, furniture, drapes, bedding, or personal belongings—have absorbed sewage water, we dispose of them properly.
- Clean, disinfect, and deodorize the area. Where sewage or contaminated water has come in contact with nonporous materials, such as floor tiles, we clean the area using approved, effective solutions, disinfectants, and deodorizers, ensuring complete decontamination and safety for the home or building’s occupants.
- Dry and dehumidify the area. After the cleanup, we use powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to thoroughly dry the affected area to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
If you sustain a sewer or drain leakage or backup problem at your home or commercial property, call Warren Restoration right away. Our offices in the southwest Virginia and western North Carolina areas service an approximate 2-hour radius around each location:
- Big Stone Gap, VA—servicing southwest Virginia: 276-220-5171
- Hendersonville, NC—our new office servicing western North Carolina: 828-595-4776
Warren Restoration’s family-owned and – operated company will restore not only your property to its clean, safe, pre-sewer-damage condition, but we also restore your peace of mind so you feel comfortable once again at home or at work.
Rely on Experienced Sewage Cleanup Services
We also work with your insurance company and facilitate the claims process for you by photographing the affected area and documenting our cleanup and restoration process in our online DASH system—and give you and your insurance provider full access to this system so you can track the status of your claim. And, to ensure fair pricing, we use Xactimate®, a flat-rate insurance estimator, to calculate estimates and costs. This helps make sure you receive the maximum benefit for the damage sustained.